NextGen Reader v1.10 released
Hello/Hola/Hallo to my English, Spanish and German friends and rest of the world.
First a huge thanks to everyone for the continuous feedback and helping us make NextGen Reader one of the best apps on WP7 platform. Personally I’m very excited about NGReader v1.10 as it brings a good deal of new functionality since we launched the application back in January. I know… I’ve taken a bit longer than usual update cycle since v1.9 but for future updates I’ll try to come up with a shorter three weeks cycle i.e. two weeks of development + one week for testing.
Okay, let’s get going and summarize the major changes/features in 10th update:
- improved performance and battery life with up to 25% less memory utilization.
- increased feed quota to 1000 articles.
- new application theme with teal color.
- new toast messages for various notifications e.g. sent to instapaper, read it later.
- hold feed title to show quick toolbar in article view & single tap to resize images.
- fixed multiple crashes seen during refresh or using back button to return to application.
- many other changes and bug fixes.
You can also check the below post by Rahul Mathur (@weemundo) :-
As always you’re welcomed to send us more feedback on ngreader(at)live.com or @ngreader on twitter.
One last thing before I finish the post – “NextGen Reader is still a work in progress and long distance away from the experience I’ve in my mind for a perfect news reader client”. I hope … I’ll manage to solve this problem one day and create a wonderful seamless experience for everyone till then bye-bye…!