NextGen Reader v2.2 update for Google Reader and much more…
It’s been a while since NextGen Reader received last update (more than a month), which is why I’m so excited about today’s 2.2 release. It’s an update with lots of improvements, features and bug fixes.
- Faster sync: Yes, a great optimization in sync times as compared to version 2.1 with gains varying from 20% to even 60%. Another thing to note here is that changes are immediately synced to Google Reader in v2.2.
- Huge bandwidth savings: Uses data compression to download articles, therefore reducing size up to 6-10x times.
- Google Reader service does not supports like and share in reader feature anymore.
- Option to sort articles by oldest first.
- Mark above as read: Tap and hold on 51st item to mark above 50 items as read.
- Haptic feedback: Vibrate when download completes and star icon is tapped.
- Display folder name when inside a category instead of "All Items".
- Support for readability mobilizer.
- Fixed live tile issues.
- Lock orientation option now works in mobilizer page as well.
- Fixed bug: live tile doesn’t display ‘999’ if you’ve more than 1000 unread items.
- Several bug fixes and enhancements.